Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Da 2008-2009 Bearsss

The full NFL schedule was released today. The only positive thing I see on the Bears plate is that, at the very least, I'll be able to catch 5 televised games while freezing my ass off in Minnesota. If you'd like to see the schedule for the 6-10 `08-`09 Bears, click here. Or here.

I may end up revising my prediction of a 6-10 season depending on the draft (April 26-27). The Bears need to pick up a good offensive lineman in the first round, Ray Rice (RB-Rutgers) in the second round, and work that Angelo third- and fourth-round magic to pick up either a safety, another o-lineman, or maybe a quarterback who can see over the fucking line of scrimmage.

For some reason, I can't watch the draft. Oh, yeah. I can't watch the draft because it's two days of over-analyzing, second-guessing, huniliation (I'm looking at you, Brady Quinn), and too many ESPN graphics cluttering the screen--that turtle of a scroll on the left-hand side and a constant crawl across the bottom that would make the Tilt-A-Whirl nauseous. My dad and I always go fishing on draft day, and I bring a radio with headphones. There's usually a Cubs' game on, and I'm able to go back and forth. This year will be no exception. If anyone would like to go fishing on the 26th, let me know. If I end up throwing my radio into the lake, it'll be because the Bears balked on a trade to send Benson and Grossman to Philly for McNabb.

1 comment:

Jorge said...

Fishing. I'm in.