Monday, June 23, 2008

The Savages


I rented this movie last week.  It's not that I didn't like it, but my expectations weren't fulfilled.  Did I think the movie would be some sort of continuation to The Wonder Years or Boy Meets World television series? Yes.  Family Guy, Futurama, and Sex and the City have released feature-length motion pictures/DVDs.  It seems like all the rage right now.  Perhaps I thought it would be a documentary on the lives of Fred and Ben Savage?  Absolutely.  Where are those crazy fuckers now?  I'd like to know.  Did I bother to check the back of the DVD case before renting? No, I did not.  

The real life Savage boys were nowhere to be found in this movie.  I thought that at the very least they would make a cameo.  Did I watch the movie a second time to double check that they weren't extras or that one of the brother's cardboard standees wasn't being used as set decoration?  I'm just not willing to say at this point.  I guess I'm just bummed that the video store doesn't carry the The Wonder Years series.  It's a damn shame.

3 comments:

Luke said...

I saw the movie "The Savages." From the back, critics said it was hilarious, but I thought it was depressing as shit.

Anonymous said...

I just added that movie to my Netflix queue cause I've been seeing the preview for it on all the other movies I've rented. It looks funny but now you are making me second-guess it.

~Lara

Er ist glaubhaft said...

Someone should make a series called "The Yonder Years" that is identical in all respects to "The Wonder Years" except that all of the actors are eighty years old or older.