Monday, August 18, 2008

Maddux back to LA?


This would be huge; the Dodgers can put Maddux back in the win column on a regular basis.  A more diplomatic response to this article would be that Maddux can really help the Dodgers get into the playoffs now that Penny's hurt and there's a slot open in the rotation.  But screw that.  The Professor's ERA sits at 3.99, and his record is a shitty 6-9.  He's had eleven no-decisions with the Maxi-Pads, most of which were either quality starts with no run support or games where he left with the lead only to have a shoddy bullpen fuck it up.  He lost 1-0 against the Phillies and Jamie Moyer this weekend.  Maddux's only mistake--a seventh inning home run to Pat Burrell.  

I'm pumped mostly because he went 6-3 with the Dodgers two years ago after the Cuckin' Fubs traded him for Cesar "I suck at life" Izturis.  Yeah, there aren't enough games left for him to even get nine starts but if he can get four more wins, his streak of seasons with double digit wins will extend to 21--a streak Cy Young doesn't hold, a record no one will ever touch.  Two more wins will place him ahead of Clemens on the all-time wins list, and I don't think Mad Dog would have been capable of winning two games with the Pads.  This time around with LA, he'll have Manny Ramirez backing him up, providing a concept the Padres' offense can't seem to grasp: run support.  I just wish I'd brought my Dodgers hat up to Minnesota with me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I now have reason--and the obligation--to hate Greg Maddux.

And if you'd brought a Dodgers hat with you, I'd be obligated to take it off your head and piss in it.

Anonymous said...

Know this--I hate you so much. I wish upon you a raging case of herpes.

That is all.

DeWolf said...

Deal with it, Davis!

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3543319

And thanks to Valtrex, living with the herpes no longer has to be a pain in the balls.

Checkmate.