Friday, April 3, 2009

Summer Project


In the next month, I'll be launching a new blog on WordPress.  My goal is to write a book review a week over the summer, concentrating on new works from emerging writers.  I might throw in a review of a book by some more established writers, or novels/collections that were written in the past few years, too.  It depends on what I can get my hands on and what I feel like reading--I've got a whole case of books that still need to be read.  The aim is to spread the word about lesser known books to those of you who enjoy reading.  

In a way, they're not necessarily going to be book reviews.  Instead, they'll be a way to promote good writing.  I'm loosely modeling this after the EWN site, created by Dan Wickett. And who knows, maybe some of the writers will come across the page while googling themselves, and they'll link it to their personal site--I intend on providing links to author websites, if they're available.  

Here are some books I would like to review:
Once the Shore by Paul Yoon
The Turtle Catcher by Nicole Helget
Captive Audience by Dave Reidy
Await Your Reply by Dan Chaon
The Slide by Kyle Beachy

Now, I might not get to all of them, and there might be more titles released this summer that catch my eye (like this, this and this), but I've already finished a few of these books and am in the process of writing about them.  At the very least, I've read something by each of these writers, so I know what I'm getting into.  Again, the focus will be to spread the word about good, young writers and their work.  Once I get the page set up and running, I'll post the link here and let all (10) of you know it's alive and breathing.  

3 comments:

Big Perm said...

Awesome list so far!

Jorge said...

When you start it I'll link to it from the press site. Networking!

Jorge said...

You'll need a catchy name for this blog.