Thursday, October 28, 2010

As soon as I get this going again...

...a roadblock develops. Actually, this is a welcome roadblock, one that I had planned for prior to reviving the daily blog. Over the next few days, I'll be painting the bedrooms and kitchen in our apartment, which should wrap up all the painting that needs to be done here. I bought the paint last week, but haven't had an adequate block of days to begin the final leg of this project. Plus, it's been too cold to be painting, since the walls need to be, ideally, at least 57-58 degrees for the paint to cover without running. And those fumes can be (a little too much) fun without the aid of a cracked window.

To date, I've painted the living room, dining room, hallway, and bathroom. We decided to follow Diana's lead and use one of Sherwin Williams's color palette, so that each room would flow nicely into the next. Here's a link to the one we used; it's called Victorian, if you'd like to reference any of the following color names. We went with Crewel Tan in the living room and the walls above the chair rail in the dining room. The wall panels below the chair railing in the dining room, as well as the hallway, are painted Decorous Amber, while the bathroom is painted Festoon Aqua. For the bedrooms, we chose Majolica Green and the kitchen will be Cabbage Rose, which Diana helped us pick out.

I was going to post pictures of the already painted rooms, but the apartment is kind of a mess right now, so I'll wait until everything's painted and back in order before I show you the finished product. With that said, I might not be posting to this blog on a daily basis over the weekend, but know that it's because I'm working round the clock to paint before we experience a deep freeze. At which time I should be posting here more than I need to/should. Hopefully.

2 comments:

reenska said...

Ithought you were going to say that you wanted to finish painting before your mom comes to visit.

DeWolf said...

And I want to get this done before my mom visits.