Saturday, October 23, 2010

Back on track?

Okay, I need to get back into the blogging game. It seems the stress brought on by not having job security--or enough work (that actually pays), for that matter--has become the perfect excuse for me not maintaining this thing. <----Warning: that was a shitty sentence! Which is one of the side effects of not writing on a consistent basis, I'm told.

One of the reasons I haven't been blogging--aside from having the mindset that I could be doing more important things, or general laziness--is that there's not a lot of news in my life. If I posted on a daily basis, you'd be hearing me bitch about how I'm still looking for either more part-time work or a full-time job, that it seems like I've written more cover letters than I have short stories, or that I haven't been writing that much. Blah, blah, same boring shit.

I'm working on a new blog, where I bitch about commercials. Right now, I'm generating material and trying to figure out how post videos on Wordpress--they don't always work. The goal there is to get this misguided anger I have toward specific commercials out of my head so that I don't develop a brain tumor. But that could end up exacerbating the problem. I'm hoping to post regularly on both blogs, in addition to the lit blog (yeah, that's still around, too). We'll see how long that lasts...

Time to get back to the NLCS, so that I can hear fantastic commentary from Tim McCarver, such as this:
"Oswalt just came into Aubrey Huff's power slot."
Based on your articulation of events transpired, Mr. McCarver, it seems as though we were watching two very different games.

No comments: