Sunday, November 7, 2010

And the painting's done...

...for now, at least. I finished up the bedroom last night, and I'm exhausted, my back is sore, and I'm pretty sure the paint fumes fucked (and, today, continue to fuck) my lungs. I already briefly mentioned the issue I ran into--painting in tight quarters, among other things--while working on the office. The bedroom, however, posed a completely different problem. Them walls done soaked up all my paint!

Either the walls in this room haven't been painted as much as the others, or the temperature in there caused them to react this way. I didn't even use an entire gallon in the office, while I used a gallon plus in the bedroom. On the second coat, when I saw that I was going to run out, I made sure to save the area behind the bed for last, since it would be covered up.Thankfully, you can't really see that the Majolica Green is lighter just above the pillows (pay no mind to the floating orbs).


Now for the issue of covering up the light spot. Sherwin Williams doesn't sell quarts of the Classic 99 in a flat finish, and I wouldn't need that much anyway. I'm not buying a whole gallon--even though another coat wouldn't hurt, if I decided to go that route. I think about the way Kate rationalized not painting the ceilings (which have some cracks along the surface), when deciding whether or not buy another gallon: if we owned the place, it would be worth putting that much more time into this project. Besides, what if another gallon still isn't enough?

So we talked about getting a headboard. Which would be awesome and is something we hope to get eventually, but right now it's not a priority. Here's my idea: I go to Sherwin Williams and ask for one or two of those paint samples that cost a few bucks each. We'll see I can pull that one off. Here are some pictures of the office/guest bedroom, painted the same color:




(Zappa poster's throwing a weird glare on the wall. Just wanted to point out that it's not another missed spot.)


No comments: