Friday, February 15, 2008

I'm probably going to Hell for this...

Last night, I was flipping through channels when I stopped at C-Span. They were replaying a memorial service for Rep. Tom Lantos--the only Holocaust survivor elected to Congress--who died from esophageal cancer on the 11th. I can't begin to imagine the horrific atrocities he experienced in the Concentration Camps, and my heartfelt sympathy goes out to his family in their time of loss. But the reason I stopped flipping channels to watch C-Span was due to the fact that his wife, Annette, was at the podium speaking.



Again, I am deeply sorry for this family's loss, but I could not get over the artistic license taken around the occular region of Annette's face. I'm not sure if this picture completely captures her liberal use of eye paint. Maybe her sister, Zsa Zsa, never taught her the ins and outs of makeup application. Here's another picture from a better angle, though it's not from the C-Span broadcast. Yeah, I'm a dick.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look me straight-faced in the eye and say that to my face.

Jorge said...

This will sound mean, but that make up looks like the false marking that animals have to confuse their predators.

DeWolf said...

She looks like a lemur. There, I said it.

Bryan said...

I'm not 100% certain that she's not the Hamburglar in mourning.