Monday, April 20, 2009

Ramblings: thesis tracker, project stuff


Number of Stories: 6
Current Page Count: 68
Current Word Count: about 20,200

It's a rough 20K words, but I know what needs to be done in order to finish these up.  In addition to my proposed project, this summer will be all about generating new material.  I've got three pieces in the works right now that are a mess.  Once I chisel away the raw materials, (hopefully) the stories will emerge that should be connected, thematically, to the others.

As for the project, I've been mulling over tentative blog titles.  They all seem lame.  Here are some of them:
Clean Spine
First Printing
Book Shed
Secret Sidewalk

There were others whose titles had less to do with the intended theme, though I wonder if that theme comes out in any of these titles.  Intended theme: promoting new books from young writers through reviews; basically, I want to make friends and fellow readers aware of good works from relatively unknown writers.  We'll see where it goes.  The site is still in the development stage.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like secret sidewalk, but I may be biased cause it reminds me of home! I am real excited for the new blog since I'm always asking your opinion on books to read anyways!

Anonymous said...

Agreed -- Secret Sidewalk.

Jorge said...

I like Clean Spine and Book Shed.