Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Panty Raid


Residents of a New York apartment declared war on a neighboring bar. Read about it here.

The reason: thin walls and close proximity to the apartment allow tenants the chance to hear everything that goes on inside the bar. And the bar's patrons are noisy.

The ammunition: soiled underpants?

Wow. Way to show those barflys--who are required to go indoors after 8 p.m., thereby rendering the stink-n-view completely nonexistent for them. Now, I'm by no means a smart man--nor would I consider myself a man, in terms of maturity level--but why would you, a tenant, hang up your shame for all the world to see as a way to protest a noisy bar? I'm not seeing the connection, or how they assume this is going to be an effective form of dissent. Wouldn't you just be inviting a creepier brand of customer to this particular bar? One who gets their jollies by leering at accident-soaked BVDs?

Just saying, I don't get it.

No comments: