Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Since I probably won't get a chance to update this today...

...I'm posting "Carolina" by M. Ward, which will serve as track one on my writing playlist. Other tracks include "Carmelita" by Warren Zevon and "Broken Hearts are for Assholes" by Frank Zappa.



Ah, what the fuck. Might as well post the other two songs while I'm at it. But the rest of the soundtrack will remain a mystery.





I associate this Zappa song with Coffee House--the once a month musical get-together at First Presbyterian in Glen Ellyn. When we were in high school, the Baxter brothers--along with Paul Carmody and Jason Miller, I believe the band's name was Grand Unified Theory (G.U.T. for short)---closed their set with "Broken Hearts are for Assholes" and, afterward, were promptly informed that they were no longer allowed to play Coffee House.

"Don't fool yourself, girl. It's winking at you."

No comments: