Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Under Pressure

So this makes sense. The barometric pressure in southern Minnesota the past day or so has been comparable to a hurricane, and according to the Star Tribune these storms could be the worst Minnesota has ever seen (in terms of low barometric pressure). There have been reports of tornadoes and micro bursts, and MSP reduced the number of open runways from three to one, canceling and delaying flights. Which, along with Obama visit on Saturday, could account for the lack of jet noise the last few days.

I have a tendency to blame the weather for my mood, and I'd like to say it's been the reason I've been off these last few days. It definitely adds up. But what I find to be weird is the fact that today--when the winds were at their worst, rattling the windows like an intruder trying to break in, pushing my car all over the road on my way to Mankato, nearly shoving me to the ground as I walked from the free lot to campus back to the free lot--I perked up. No idea why, but I felt pretty good today.

That is, of course, until I got home and found out that the replay of the new Sons of Anarchy episode ran immediately after the first airing. That means I didn't get home in time to see it, because I kept my class longer than usual, because the last two weeks none of my students have wanted to talk about the assigned readings as thoroughly as they needed to be discussed, SOOOO, because because because because becaaaaause of the wonderful dick I was (to them tonight), I ended up screwing myself over, and I missed my show.

Which brings me to my point: you take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have...



...syphilis

No comments: