Saturday, December 18, 2010

Fifteen steps to insanity

  1. I planned on purchasing tickets to the Wolves-Bulls game that takes place in March.
  2. We needed--yes, needed--frozen pizzas.
  3. The market had coupons glued to one of its freezer doors, stating that the purchase of two Green Mill pizzas would yield two tickets to any Timberwolves home game.
  4. Green Mill pizzas are not very good, and they're definitely not worth $7 a pop.
  5. But two tickets and two pizzas for $14? I figured, why not.
  6. Here's what the T-Wolves front office needed in exchange for the tickets: the coupon from the market, a copy of my receipt, proofs of purchase from each pizza box, a form stating to which game I'd like tickets.
  7. I was surprised they didn't ask for video of me eating the pizza to ensure that I didn't just throw it away.
  8. I almost took care of sending in all the necessary documentation right away, but to do so I would have had to scan said documentation (for my own records).
  9. Because I didn't feel like plugging my computer into the printer, the papers didn't get scanned and the request for tickets was not mailed.
  10. Kate and I made and ate the pizzas over the next few days, and we confirmed that Green Mill pizzas are not very good.
  11. But, hey. Even when pizza's not very good, it's still pizza.
  12. At least, that's what I tell myself after eating mediocre pizza.
  13. Today I realized that I forgot to remove the proofs of purchase from both of the Green Mill boxes.
  14. The trashman picked up recycling on Thursday, so those boxes are long gone.
  15. I'm debating whether or not it's worth buying two more pizzas (which would bring my total up to $28) for tickets that probably go for $10 a piece at face value.

No comments: